Spicy devilled eggs
Author: Cee Gee
- Serves: 24
- Serving size: 42 g
- Calories: 87
- Fat: 6 grams
- Saturated fat: 2 grams
- Unsaturated fat: 2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 0 grams
- Sugar: 1 grams
- Sodium: 138 mg
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
- Cholesterol: 187 mg
Recipe type: Appetizers
Devilled eggs have been popular in USA and many other parts of the world for some time now. . They are so popular , in fact , there was a period when it was unthought of not to have them at cocktail parties and at picnics. That may have changed , but nevertheless, this is a dish that has stood the test of time. In this recipe we have taken them to to a new level of by adding chillies and chilli powder to make them nice and spicy.
- Eggs – 12 large
- Dijon mustard – 2 teaspoons
- Chives – 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- Green chillies - 4 finely chopped ( use canned chillies)
- Miracle whip mayonnaise - 8 tablespoons
- Lime juice - 2 teaspoons
- Chilli powder – one teaspoon
- Salt – to personal taste
- Hard boil the eggs ( 10 minutes) Allow cooling.
- Remove the shells and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the set yolks into a bowl
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, lime juice, salt, chillies and chives.
- Mash the eggs with the ingredients above until a smooth paste is achieved
- Scoop the paste into a piping bag and pipe in equal quantities into the egg white cavities
- Sprinkle with chilli powder
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes