- Serving size: 100 grams
- Calories: 73 kcal
- Fat: 1.3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 3.1
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: .01g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
Recipe type: Snacks
Guacamole is a snack that has a long history. It goes right back to the Aztec times in South Central America. Since then, it has found its way around the world and has become one of the worlds most popular snacks. Chillies, which were also an Aztec ingredient, have added to this recipe ,to make this a spicy version of the dish.
- Avocados – 3 medium ( must be ripe)
- Plum tomatoes – 2 ( diced to 12mm )
- White onion – ½ (chopped to 6mm)
- Jalapenos - 2 ( finely chopped)
- Lime - one
- Salt – half a teaspoon
- Coriander – handful ( optional)
- Garlic - one clove ( finely chopped)
- Dice the onion
- Place in a bowl and cover with warm water. Once cold, drain the water.
- Chop the tomatoes
- Remove the pip from avocado and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Mash with a fork to a coarse pulp
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze out its juice.
- Finely chop the jalapenos and garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, garlic and salt to the avocado.
- Mix with a spoon until all the ingredients have been incorporated into the pulp
- Garnish with coriander ( if using)
- Serve with tortillas or chips