Author: Cee Gee
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 200 grams
- Calories: 596
- Fat: 30 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated fat: 20 grams
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1451 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 40 g
Recipe type: Chicken
A recipe for a dish that is almost certain to become a family favourite . Serve it with freshly fried hot chips and coleslaw. To add even more flavour have a bottle of Chilli infused vinegar on hand. Nothing beats chips that have had some Chilli vinegar splashed over them.
- Chicken – 500 grams ( Fresh or leftover chicken )
- Flour – 100 grams
- Oil for frying
- Panko breadcrumbs – 100 grams
- Almonds - 100 grams
- Onion salt – 2 teaspoons
- Garlic salt – ½ teaspoon
- Celery salt – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Chilli powder – one teaspoon
- Paprika- 1 tablespoon
- Oregano – ½ teaspoon
- Marjoram – ½ teaspoon
- Thyme – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon wedges to serve
Place the almonds in the grinder. Blitz to coarsely ground
- Mix the blitzed almonds with the Panko breadcrumbs together with other dry ingredients, except for the flour.
- If using fresh chicken. Pat dry with a paper kitchen towel.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces
- Whisk the eggs and place in a shallow dish.
- Dust the chicken pieces with flour. Make sure they are well coated
- Dip the chicken pieces into the egg and then into the Panko crumb mix.
- Fry the coated pieces in oil ( heated to a medium temperature) until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Drain any excess oil on absorbent paper kitchen towel.
- Serve with Coleslaw and the lemon wedges
Keyword: Shredded crispy chicken