Author: Cee Gee
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 250g
- Calories: 409
- Fat: 26 grams
- Saturated fat: 4 grams
- Unsaturated fat: 2 grams
- Trans fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 8 grams
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Sodium: 88 mg
- Fiber: 1 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
Recipe type: Cheese curry
A cheese and Chilli curry from Bhutan.This small country in the Himalayas loves its Chillies. The Bhutanese eat Chillies with just about all their meals, breakfast included. Ema Datshi is not regarded as Bhutan's national dish for nothing. It is absolutely delicious. Certainly something that needs to be tried
- Chillies – 500 grams ( mixed colours).
- Butter – two tablespoons
- Grated mixed cheeses – 300 grams ( Cheddar, Gouda, red Leicester)
- Tomatoes – three medium ( chopped)
- Garlic – three cloves ( finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Milk – about a quarter of a cup
- Wash the Chillies and remove their stalks.
- Slice the Chilies in half. Remove their inner membranes and seeds if you want to tone down the heat.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan
- Add the garlic. Saute for a minute
- Add the Chillies. Saute for two minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add the tomatoes. Cook covered with a lid until the vegetables have softened (about ten minutes).
- Add the cheese. Stir until it melts. If the sauce becomes too thick, add some milk
- Season with salt to personal taste